On Oct. 19, AFR Executive Director Lisa Donner participated in a virtual conference organized by the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
Entitled “Empowering the public to assess large bank resiliency, the conference brought together leading experts to bank transparency to discuss how to maintain and improve transparency of the conditions of major banks. The Minneapolis Fed also debuted a new online tool for analyzing how well-capitalized banks would be in the event of a major shock.
Panel: Empowering the public to assess the condition of the largest banks
- Stephen Cecchetti, Professor of Economics, Brandeis University
- Lisa Donner, Executive Director, Americans for Financial Reform
- Beverly Hirtle, Director of Research, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Deborah Lucas, Professor of Finance, MIT Sloan School of Management
- Adi Sunderam, Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Business School
- Moderator: Ann Saphir, Reporter, Reuters News